Wednesday 9 March 2011

Aftermath Remix


Today saw the premiere of Adam's Aftermath remix on radio:



Even though the original is one of my least favourites on the album, I wasn't too sure about a dance remix at first, envisaging something along the lines of badly-produced Euro-disco. My first impressions are that it's much mellower than I expected having slower, gentler vocals with some melodic changes. I'm still not very keen on the shrill backing vocals which have remained. I would've liked to have heard less liberal over-use of the synthesised vocals and something more interesting than a house beat. It's still a pleasant surprise though, and I do love the sound of Adam's voice. I know it'll grow on me, being very catchy thus having the potential to become the anthem it was always intended to be.

And just for comparison, here's the original version:


And the acoustic version:


Which is your favourite? Please go and vote in the sidebar.

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you LO. The first time I listened to it my thought was "what?" However, I guess I will have to listen to it another couple of times to appreciate it. He changed both, melody and rythm, and that´s a lot since I got used to the GNT version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, not sure about this one, I'm sure it will grow on me. I love the Aftermath original for its lyrics, but you know, anything Adam puts out, I'll take it. My favourite is the acoustic version. Love that Man and anything he does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new version. It's probably because I'm a teen and I love music that I can dance too. But it's really catchy and I think the remix is less of a remix and just making the song current. I can really hear this on the radio and now that I have, I think it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous 00:57, it's growing on me still! It'll be interesting to do the poll again after a couple of months or so.

    jo_blue, that's my favourite too at the moment. I especially love the way it was changed up for the AI performance.

    Anonymous 21:03, I think it sounds very 90s house. But I do like the laid-back dance vibe to it and the variety of things Adam has managed to do with just one song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never a fan of electronic sound but I have to say I love this remix. It showcases Adam's voice. He sounds spectacular. And the melody is much more interesting with this arrangement, compared to the original. The acoustic version is my favourite but this one is excellent too.

    Of course, I would listen to anything Adam. Bought all his remixes and really enjoy listening to them because of that voice.

    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tatiana, glad you're enjoying it! The vocals definitely sound much better on this than the album version. And props to Adam for stepping up to the challenge of championing an important cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that if they changed another song it would have been better aftermath's lyrics doesn't allow it to have a 'dance-remixed" version. However I enjoyed it beacause it's adam and as a glambert I must enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous, you don't have to enjoy every single thing as a Glambert! It's still a little bit of a strange combo but it has grown on me.

    ReplyDelete